Battlebots - Jäger

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Jäger wrote:

Bearings pressed into both sets of weapon hubs! I decided to go for big deep groove bearings since they are cheap and have worked well for me in smaller robots...

Jäger wrote:

Next installment of goodies! Including wheel hubs and Trampa VESC for powering the weapon

Randinfo: Wir haben es irgendwie geschafft sieben unterschiedliche VESC zu verwenden

Jäger wrote:

The wheel hubs were made up of 3 25mm HDPE parts bolted together, to reduce machining cost/time to become single setup parts that could be routed out of one big plate of stock material, this then was placed in a mould made up of 3D printed segments to cast the tread

Jäger wrote:

This shows before and after the casting process on the wheels, with the completed wheels on the left and pre-casting on the right. Since the wheels on the robot are exposed, lots of spares are in the works so they can easily be replaced between fights

Jäger wrote:

1 inch thick aluminium side bulkheads, again routed in a single setup with a bearing installed to support the drive shafts. Threaded holes on either end were then manually drilled/tapped using 3D printed guides

Jäger wrote:

First full assembly of most of the empty chassis, everything seems to fit!

Jäger wrote:

Mostly assembled weapon transmission from the dual motor setup. The tensioner placement is partly adjustable to make sure the belt is tight. The weapon pulley is toothless to add some "give" to the system on big impacts

,,Why does my motor need brushes if it doesn´t have hair?" - Charles Guan
      Team 08/15
      Team Jäger
    • D.D.Armageddon wrote:

wofür sind ganzen Rollen an dem Riemen ?
      wie wird der Riemen angetrieben, also was nimmt den Riemen mit ?
      warum ist der Riemen innen gerillt, ich sehe kein Gegenprofil?
      Das Bild von der ersten Seite erklärt doch eigentlich alles...

Der Riemen wird von zwei Brushless Outrunnern 6384 Angetrieben, die "Drive Flex HP22 M5 25F" Ritzel Sitzen auf den Motoren, und haben Rillen zur Mitnahme der Waffenschaft vorne ist glatt damit der Riemen durchrutschen kann, die Rolle in der Mitte sorgt für eine Bessere Umwicklung der Antriebsritzel und die Seitlichen Rollen dienen der Riemen Spannung, nehme mal an hier wurde ein wenig probiert bis es gepaßt hat, sind Augenscheinlich nämlich Lager unterschiedlicher Größe!

Wir bauen Showkampfroboter, unsere Homepage www.devil-crew.eu schaut mal rein!
    • Jäger wrote:

The armour and weapon blades arrive from our team sponsor Fractory! This was a hefty pack of goodies for sure, including lots of 3mm, 15mm and 20mm thick hardened steel, all laser cut to a good quality finish meaning very little post process work was needed

Jäger wrote:

Some of the parts are for the undercutter and some are for the drum bot!

Jäger wrote:

Photo showing off the various weapon blades at our disposal for the undercutter, feat a Monsoon themed crate..Was I building the wrong robot all along?

Jäger wrote:

My 30lb undercutter "Telekinesis" for scale with one of the weapon bars, both of these things are around the same weight!

Jäger wrote:

Assembling the beefy drive gearboxes, designed by Cosmin at Bad Timing Robotics for the Jäger machines. In initial brief drive testing these appear to hold up perfectly fine!

Jäger wrote:

The front rear support/guard for the weapon motors, made up of layered 25mm HDPE (again) and a carbon fibre reinforced "onxy" 3D printed top part, designed to be light and stiff. This housed some small bearings that span around centre hubs attached to the back of the motors, while the HDPE helped support a big shoulder bolt up front, which the robot would rest on while upside down

Jäger wrote:

When everything was wired and mostly assembled, it was time for VESC setup and testing of the weapon. Ellis Ware offered to help with this out of kindness and for research purposes, which I very much appreciated to give me a head start into the world of VESCs as the deadline quickly approached. Here is a still from the first test video of the weapon running. This can be found here:

https://youtu.be/gog0zO7OlWw

Overall I was pretty happy with how it worked, but some improvements could definitely be made to reduce the spin up time.

Jäger wrote:

The machine next to Ellis' 30lb undercutter. Who would have thought the fully assembled machines would be 43kg difference in weight?

Jäger wrote:

So here is the (mostly) finished machine, in the state it was in on the original shipping deadline. Some parts will definitely be tweaked and tested further down the line to polish it a bit more, but I'm pretty happy with the progress so far

Jäger wrote:

The second, more refined front billet that a spare machine will be built around! I ordered this after the first set of machining and decided to pocket the aluminium a little more to save about 1kg extra in weight, incase the full machine was on the heavy side. That's it for now, cheers!

,,Why does my motor need brushes if it doesn´t have hair?" - Charles Guan
      Team 08/15
      Team Jäger