• Can you tell me the kind of defect? Is it mechanical or the integrated electronic?

=> In my ant-rockeys, the flip-up-system use the electronic of the speed-controller. Therefore the integrated electronic of the servos is not need.

=> If your servos has metal gear and only the electronic is defect: We can exchange our servos. ;)

I believe its the motor brushes being vibrated out of shape if that makes any sense? like it doesnt short or anything (i used a esc to drive the servo motor itself directly beforehand because it just could not wind down at 5V with the circuitry) and strangely enough the motor works rarely for maybe a pulse but otherwise nothing. Cables were soldered on tight so i am sure its something to do with the brushes- it didnt even get hot a single time. (to be fair it also kinda struggled even with the esc) maybe a current spike killed it?

= => If your servos has metal gear and only the electronic is defect: We can exchange our servos. ;) =
    Mine are 13kg full metal gear servos- i have 3 of them (just the gearbox) and if you want them you can have them- i have no use for them

Trying to revolutionize the game 1 Whimsical idea at a time

• Offizieller Beitrag

Mine are 13kg full metal gear servos- i have 3 of them (just the gearbox) and if you want them you can have them- i have no use for them

Yes, I have interest on these three gears. Hopefully to set another motors in the gearboxes. :saint:

When you be in Hannover an MMM, there is a wooden box with the Ant-Rockeys. (Finger-im-Ohr transport the box to Hannover). This box is mine und should be transfer after MMM back to me. (Actually no knowledge who will do this.) I think it is the easiest way to place your three gears in this box. ;)

• It's a bit upsetting for me to say that Lunaris was kind of a horrible bot, I should've used thicker bigger wheels and added more clearance because I kept getting stuck on the smallest of wood chips/flakes and the weak flipper was also not doing its job. sometimes it wound down but couldn't flip as it got stuck or (what happened most and even visible on the stream) the flipper wound down halfway and then flipped air. (and not like it was nearly strong enough to flip 1.5kg, sadly enough also couldn't self right anymore) if I tried to tune it more than that it would just flip sooner or not at all and if I tuned it less it would just get stuck on the side wedge or bottom. It also didn't help that I couldn't drive well with it while the drive power due to the wheels was not there. Unsure if a V2 will come but there is a chance that later down the line I revisit the idea of a spring flipper and make it better. Currently, I have my eyes on a different type of flipper : )

• Not as much a update for lunaris but more of a boredom thing

Since Lunaris was the first bot of mine that actually competed in a tournament, it was only fair for me to make a smaller version of him as a sort of collectable for me to keep as memory (still a W.I.P at the moment)
    It wont compete in any way but will definitely bring it to all events i go at for possible fun-fights :)

• It's a bit upsetting for me to say that Lunaris was kind of a horrible bot, I should've used thicker bigger wheels and added more clearance because I kept getting stuck on the smallest of wood chips/flakes and the weak flipper was also not doing its job. sometimes it wound down but couldn't flip as it got stuck or (what happened most and even visible on the stream) the flipper wound down halfway and then flipped air. (and not like it was nearly strong enough to flip 1.5kg, sadly enough also couldn't self right anymore) if I tried to tune it more than that it would just flip sooner or not at all and if I tuned it less it would just get stuck on the side wedge or bottom. It also didn't help that I couldn't drive well with it while the drive power due to the wheels was not there. Unsure if a V2 will come but there is a chance that later down the line I revisit the idea of a spring flipper and make it better. Currently, I have my eyes on a different type of flipper : )

Any bot that runs and competes for the full duration is no horrible bot in my oppinion.

The best way to have an awesome winning bot is having a driving losing bot and you are on a great way with your efforts!

• You're right tbh it wasn't horrible, just ineffective really. But doesn't really matter for me because fighting you and everyone else there was a heck of a nice time and i learned a LOT about designing so i just kind of forgot that lunaris was bad (in terms of fighting) :P
    Make a miniature wedgeday my dudes so we can have a mini rematch!

• Almost done! Looks very very good like the original Lunaris. Definitely surprised that i could make the replica that well-

Current Upgrades in mind:
    3S Lipo + ESC's (so it zooms across everywhere)
    DIY'Ing smaller springs for more power
    Maybe make the wheels horrible again like in OG lunaris so it stays as similar as possible, I intentionally still kept in bad design choices that Lunaris had so they are quite literally twinning looks-wise and issue-wise

(Hopefully it can flip a bot this time since its looking way more promising :,) )

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Underloaded (27. November 2023 um 17:42)