Beiträge von Underloaded

Hello Roboteers! I wanted to start a smaller Thread linked to the MMM event in Maker Faire Hannover 2024 where Roboteers can (if they want to) post a picture or two of their bots to show others what they're going up against and can have a look into what they could potentially face in a match. (No need for full pictures of the bot can be vague or sneak-peeky)

If you're interested in posting just send a picture or more of your bots. Make sure to not forget to specify which weightclass it is!

Ill start first with a Beetleweight :S

Translation

Hallo Roboteers! Ich wollte einen kleineren Thread im Zusammenhang mit der MMM-Veranstaltung auf der Maker Faire Hannover 2024 starten, in dem Roboteers (wenn sie möchten) ein oder zwei Bilder ihrer Bots posten können, um anderen zu zeigen, womit sie es zu tun haben, und einen Blick darauf werfen können was ihnen in einem Kampf möglicherweise bevorsteht. (Es sind keine vollständigen Bilder des Bots erforderlich, sie können vage oder flüchtig sein.)

Wenn Sie interessiert sind, senden Sie einfach ein Bild oder mehrere Ihrer Bots. Vergessen Sie nicht, anzugeben, um welche Gewichtsklasse es sich handelt!

Ich fange zuerst mit einem Beetleweight an :S

Ich verstehe nicht wieso nicht einfach beide benützt werden können.

Links verschweißen doch innerlich auch Hä? Die funken doch auch wenn man das bot an macht.

Da sind auch sehr viele bots die Tape über ihre links machen oder etwas das sie versteckt sodass sie nicht raus kommen. Ist das auch nicht ein sicherheits risiko das man das link nicht gleich raus ziehen kann ohne etwas anderes aus dem weg zu schieben/abreißen?

I second this! ^

It will be a lot more easy to allow both and as stated if its a Shell spinner or overhead spinner it'll be a bit tricky to disarm/arm the bot with a link whereas with a tool you can just unscrew it at a safer distance

links popping out is a pain too

Just making a custom hubmotor ring spinner after seeing Wajoo in person. That bot was incredibly awesome and really wanted to make something similar as that incredibly flat bot ^^

There were no super flat motors i was happy with and my grandpa gave me some harddrive motors and after a little bit of testing i found out that i can easily convert it into a hubmotor (Though i have to change almost everything in it so i would just say its a fully custom motor at that point.)

Its a little sad i can't really send a video of it working but the motor KV is around 1500Kv~ And it is pretty darn strong and fast which i was super super happy about.

Some Info about the motor

Stator:
    15 Poles
    0.3mm Enamelled copper wire
    25 turns per pole
    125 turns per phase
    375 turns total
    42mm OD, 2.5mm Height, 20mm ID
    Magnets:
    N35
    2mm thick
    4mm wide
    8mm long

What i did to make the hubmotor work:

Rewind the HDD Motor (See Specs)
    Make a new magnet ring
    New steel can
    (I hope it can be seen why i just call it as a whole DIY motor- Really the only thing left from the motor is the stator- Otherwise everything else is completely different.)

There are still a few issues like spinup but when it gets spinning its a viscious force that i just cant wait to see hit something in the arena :)

Google translated for anyone that isnt german

hack&make

🤖 Antweight Battlebots tournament at Hack & Make! 🤖

Are you ready to unleash your inner engineer and compete in an electrifying battle?

Then you are exactly right here!

Hack & Make proudly presents the Antweight Battlebots tournament, where tiny but powerful robots clash in an arena of sparks, strategy and sheer determination.

🔥 What is it about? 🔥

What: These little warriors have it all! Antweight Battlebots are compact, mean and weigh up to 150 grams.

When: The tournament will take place on Sun, October 27th, 2024 at Hack & Make 2024, and you definitely don't want to miss it!

Who: Anyone with a passion for robotics can participate. Whether you've built your own bot or want to team up with other enthusiasts, this is your chance to shine.

How: To participate, make sure your bot complies with the rules set forth in our Official Guidelines. The registration deadline is October 10, 2024.

Costs: The entry fee is only €10. A small price to pay for a chance at fame!

Livestream: Can't be there in person? No problem! We will broadcast the entire event live on Twitch and YouTube. Tune in to watch the epic battles and root for your favorite bots.

🏆 Prices await! 🏆

The best participants will fight for honor, glory and fantastic prizes. Will your bot emerge victorious?

🔧 Building tips and resources 🔧

The GRA rules apply: Rules Antweight Battlebots.

If you're new to the world of Battlebots, don't worry! The German Roboteers Association has put together many tips and tricks in its forum.

Remember, it's not rocket science - just some creativity, determination, and basic tools on the shop floor.

Get inspired by other bot builders in our community.

And hey, if you've always dreamed of creating a bot like Minotaur, start with the Antweight class. You can start your journey here!

So, gear up, tighten the screws and get ready for battle! Join us at Hack & Make for an unforgettable Antweight Battlebots tournament.

Let the sparks fly! 💥

Registration Would you like to register for the Antweight Battlebots tournament at Hack & Make? Then send us an email with the following information: Registration information: Name of the participant / contact person of the team Participant's email address Team name (if applicable) Bot details: Bot name Bot description (optional) Registrations with incomplete or invalid registrations Information will not be processed further! The entry fee of €10 can be paid on site. By submitting a registration you agree to the following: I confirm that I have read the rules of the tournament and that my bot meets the requirements. I agree that my bot will be streamed on Twitch and YouTube during the tournament. This event is organized in cooperation with one of our partners, the German Roboteers Association e.V. We look forward to your participation and wish you much success in the ring! 🤖💥 Note: Your personal data will only be used for tournament organization and will not be passed on to third parties.

The event was awesome (as always!)

Thank you to everyone that organized the event and helped with it!

The filmcrew had a awesome setup and the stream looking back at it is VERY good and with alisha it brought alot of life and motivation to it ^^
    I do hope she had some breaks though since i always saw her up at the little upstairs platform thing and when Marien also came it was better as she wasnt alone anymore and the commentary was nice! I think Alisha and Marien make awesome commentators together

I heard that there was little people to take things apart again and im very sorry i couldnt help with it and rushed out quickly- Next time i'll try to help set things up and take things apart (if i manage to come alone as my mother wont be as enthusiastic about it :grinning_face_with_sweat:)

Overall the event was just so good! loved every single second of it!

Alright where to start.. Solenoids aren't as powerful as i had initially thought. Maybe at 250V-450V would this idea work. But at 50V it has no place in the arena nor in a bot due to the sheer amount of weight the solenoid itself weighs (340g) and added the more special circuitry needed to drive it, power draw, special switching, etc etc is just difficult to make. I've done a few different mechanisms and tests to try to get it to work and only in one did it manage to flip at decent speeds. Though as soon as Lunaris's old beaten up and destroyed chassis (my previous bot) that weighs 217g was put on it it couldn't even lift it and immediately stalled as soon as powered on.

If there were no regulations or rules in place to prevent people from going to stupidly high voltages and currents even then will it be difficult to make it. The amount of power it draws is stupid and would require a special high power switch that is 100% guaranteed to not fail otherwise a lipo fire is most likely gonna occur alongside all the electronics just dying.

Though no worries. I have something else menacing to bring into the arena ^^

Almost done! Looks very very good like the original Lunaris. Definitely surprised that i could make the replica that well-

Current Upgrades in mind:
    3S Lipo + ESC's (so it zooms across everywhere)
    DIY'Ing smaller springs for more power
    Maybe make the wheels horrible again like in OG lunaris so it stays as similar as possible, I intentionally still kept in bad design choices that Lunaris had so they are quite literally twinning looks-wise and issue-wise

(Hopefully it can flip a bot this time since its looking way more promising :,) )

You're right tbh it wasn't horrible, just ineffective really. But doesn't really matter for me because fighting you and everyone else there was a heck of a nice time and i learned a LOT about designing so i just kind of forgot that lunaris was bad (in terms of fighting) :P
    Make a miniature wedgeday my dudes so we can have a mini rematch!