Posts by Underloaded

Alright where to start.. Solenoids aren't as powerful as i had initially thought. Maybe at 250V-450V would this idea work. But at 50V it has no place in the arena nor in a bot due to the sheer amount of weight the solenoid itself weighs (340g) and added the more special circuitry needed to drive it, power draw, special switching, etc etc is just difficult to make. I've done a few different mechanisms and tests to try to get it to work and only in one did it manage to flip at decent speeds. Though as soon as Lunaris's old beaten up and destroyed chassis (my previous bot) that weighs 217g was put on it it couldn't even lift it and immediately stalled as soon as powered on.

If there were no regulations or rules in place to prevent people from going to stupidly high voltages and currents even then will it be difficult to make it. The amount of power it draws is stupid and would require a special high power switch that is 100% guaranteed to not fail otherwise a lipo fire is most likely gonna occur alongside all the electronics just dying.

Though no worries. I have something else menacing to bring into the arena ^^

Almost done! Looks very very good like the original Lunaris. Definitely surprised that i could make the replica that well-

Current Upgrades in mind:
    3S Lipo + ESC's (so it zooms across everywhere)
    DIY'Ing smaller springs for more power
    Maybe make the wheels horrible again like in OG lunaris so it stays as similar as possible, I intentionally still kept in bad design choices that Lunaris had so they are quite literally twinning looks-wise and issue-wise

(Hopefully it can flip a bot this time since its looking way more promising :,) )

You're right tbh it wasn't horrible, just ineffective really. But doesn't really matter for me because fighting you and everyone else there was a heck of a nice time and i learned a LOT about designing so i just kind of forgot that lunaris was bad (in terms of fighting) :P
    Make a miniature wedgeday my dudes so we can have a mini rematch!

Not as much a update for lunaris but more of a boredom thing

Since Lunaris was the first bot of mine that actually competed in a tournament, it was only fair for me to make a smaller version of him as a sort of collectable for me to keep as memory (still a W.I.P at the moment)
    It wont compete in any way but will definitely bring it to all events i go at for possible fun-fights :)

Super SUPER rough sketch because i was bored and just wanted a super quick reality check on how big everything will be (Solenoid and capacitors are To-Scale including the inner thick walls which will be 10mm HDPE) So rest can be ignored as its all wrong sizes

Its going to be VERY hard to make it underweight unless i find smaller capacitors. They are currently the thing eating up the most space.

Energy wise i will go with 25J. The capacitors are cheaper and easier to find and it will still give me a 1.6 meter flip
    if all goes well

Akku :thumbup:
    Motoren :thumbup:
    Hätte mit 5V spannungsregler gegangen weil sie einfach viel leichter sind zu besorgen. Mann kann aber auch ein ESC (Electronic Speed Controller) das schon so einen 5V spannungsregler auf dem board hat (Auch BEC gennant)

Du braucht auch ein ESC. Da man nicht motoren steuren kann gleich über auf den Empfänger. Die batterie die du machst wird 2S-
    1S = 3.7V. 2S = 7.4V. 3S = 11.1V usw...
    Es geht immer über wie viele akkus in serie sind

Nur fürs info: Man muss auch aufpassen welche ESC man nimmt weil es geben 2 arten.
    Brushed und Brushless
    Brushed motoren sind die N20 getriebe motoren die du hast. Das ESC hat nur zwei kabel die zum motor führen.
    Brushless motoren sind sehr normal die Waffe motoren. Sie haben 3 kabel die im zum motor führen und sind Ohne bürsten getrieben (darum sind sie populär im waffen und die sind auch effizienter dafür)
    Diese beide ESC's Sind anders und man kann sie nicht umtauschen für ein andere weil sonst geht die motoren nicht.
    (Kurz gesagt : Such dir ein 2S und über Brushed ESC)

Keine sorgen mit die quarzpaare. Ich glaube das ist für ältere Sender/Empfängern gedacht und die Flysky FS-i6 + Fs-ia6 sind erlaubt kein problem (Wie ich gesehen habe benützen es sehr viele und ist sehr gut mit persönliche erfahrung!)

Hoffe das es dir ein bischen geholfen hat :grinning_face_with_sweat: English ist normal mein To-Go-To also entschuldigung wenn etwas kein sinn macht!

Habe nur zuerst die im Fürth gesehen und habe geschätzt das es dort war, habe es nicht gesehen und gedacht das da zwei Rundfunkmuseumen sind... :grinning_face_with_sweat:

Und ja ich lebe in Nürnberg. Google Maps hat mir zuerst nur die im Fürth gezeigt wenn ich gesagt habe das es nur 15 min sind mit Auto von mir ist.

Nächstes mal wirds bestimmt klappen wenn ich es mit meine groß Eltern rede und es nächstes mal mit sie planne weil sie ein auto haben

Super! Freut mich!

Hier wäre die Adresse, falls Du die Homepage nicht gefunden haben solltest. :saint:

Das Rundfunkmuseum e.V.
    Sudetenstraße 2a
    93413 Cham

Danke für die adresse! Vielleicht komme ich mit meine mutter fürs info falls sie mitkommen will, aber ich glaube es ist nah genug das ich alleine dort hinreisen kann.

Ich habe keine Ants aber habe schon ein For-Fun Flea mit zubringen ^^

An diesem Wochenende ist das Publikum herzlich eingeladen, das Museum auf nun 1800qm zu besichtigen. (Ohne Eintrittspreise. ;))

Kannst also ruhig vorbeikommen und Dir alles ansehen (Einlass ist von 10:00 bis 16:00). Auch der Hochspannungskäfig mit den singenden Tesla-Trafos (bis 600000V) wird Dir gefallen. :)

Ich komme dann mal vorbei und schaue alles an! :)

Oh well cant say i dont do the same with such ads thrown in my mailbox in the trash too :grinning_face_with_sweat:
    thought process for me was that it was easy for me to do with no thought in mind as i eitherway have to go out to the store and stuff and i could just throw it in any mailbox in my way and only take maybe 15 seconds more to my destination which is nothing IMO. I would put some in my school but i know for a fact that no one there cares about such a hobby (attempted to convince some people but it was going nowhere)

For example the visit of Skyline TV gave us a big boost. Many people saw us on their twitch stream, many came over to our own stream and their youtube video has almost 45.000 views already. That is something we can only dream of, when using our own channels.

Didnt even know Skyline TV was there and was assuming it was the camera crew :upside_down_face: Maybe with the boost the GRA channels will flourish aswell due to it

Hello! I wanted to talk a bit about advertising locally in my area (Nürnberg) and how to do it properly. I just came back from school and when I looked in the mail I saw these Wrestling ads and it got me thinking what if we were to do the same thing but for the tournaments GRA sets up? I mean there could be someone like-minded just like us but dont know that such events exist here in Germany (I didnt believe they existed in germany either before and was REALLY shocked and surprised to see that GRA exists and everything. Possibly someone else could face the same issue too) So I wanted to ask if there are some Ads if anyone has tried making them before that i could print out or something to put in mailboxes around Nürnberg. Possibly new people could join with their creative and unique bot designs and make the fights more spectacular and fun and also spectate (the more bots the better IMO)

What Im thinking is important information is when the next event is and a link to this Forum and the GRA Discord. And ofcourse some epic shots from the feathers, raptors, beetles and ants to show some variety in the weightclass. (Will Lego-bots be a thing? Im unsure...) but that is all!

German version:

Hallo! Ich wollte ein wenig über Werbung vor Ort in meiner Region (Nürnberg) sprechen und wie man sie richtig macht. Ich bin gerade von der Schule zurückgekommen und als ich in der Post nachgesehen habe, habe ich diese Wrestling-Werbung gesehen und mich gefragt, was wäre, wenn wir dasselbe tun würden, außer für die Turniere, die GRA veranstaltet? Ich meine, es könnte jemanden geben, der genauso gesinnt ist wie wir, auch ich wusste nicht, dass es solche Ereignisse hier in Deutschland gibt (ich habe vorher auch nicht geglaubt, dass es sie in Deutschland gibt, und war WIRKLICH schockiert und überrascht, als ich sah, dass es GRA gibt und so weiter. Möglicherweise könnte es jemand anders das gleiche problem haben (Ich war auch vor dem gleichen Problem.) Deshalb wollte ich fragen, ob es Anzeigen gibt, die ich ausdrucken oder in Briefkästen in der Umgebung von Nürnberg einwerfen kann, falls jemand schon einmal versucht hat, solche zu erstellen. Möglicherweise könnten sich neue Leute mit ihren kreativen und einzigartigen Bot-Designs anschließen und die Kämpfe spektakulärer und unterhaltsamer gestalten oder auch zuschauen (je mehr Bots, desto besser, meiner Meinung nach)

Was meiner Meinung nach wichtige Informationen sind, ist, wann die nächste Veranstaltung stattfindet und ein Link zu diesem Forum und dem GRA Discord. Und natürlich einige epische Foto Aufnahmen von Federn, Raptors, Beetles und Ants, um für etwas Abwechslung in der Gewichtsklasse zu sorgen. (Wird es Lego-Bots geben? Ich bin mir nicht sicher ...)