Beiträge von maddox

To make it more clear. We use the 4 packs in 2 in series to get 10S 33V, and 2 sets parallel, to get 8400mAh. Leo made the twin Y wire loom. All connections are done with EC5, except the final connection to the speedo. Originaly that was soldered directly to the leads.

We charge the packs with a Hobbyking Quattro charger.

Each battery has an own charge and balancing lead. So after each fight, the packs individualy are recharged and balanced.

Team RCC is selling the Raptor (6 kg) spinner Eclipse.

Combat ready, except for the RX.
    What do you get. 5.3 kg of Raptor.
    10mm thick ali sideplates and supports. 2mm lasercut steel armor. (with a few battlescars)
    Speed 500 based drivetrain, all steel gears. Wheels are ali with glued shore 50 Orings for running surface.
    Controled with 2 BotBitz BB25-esc.
    Weapon is powered with a speed 700 turboC equivalent, the biggest allowed in the Raptor class.
    The big ali gear contains a very stiff friction coupling.

Batteriebay contains a 3S 3300mAh Turnegy nanotech.

Dirk, Reinhard, if daily life interferes, it interferes. Can't change that.

Maybe that other German Roboteers can find it an option. Traveling over earlier, and leaving later. Avoiding traveling over for just 1 day.

Dave Weston (Razerdave) comes over on thursday december 13, and leaves monday.
    I guess we're going to have fun in the Workshop of Chaos.

I plead guilty for the damage to Holzmaster, and am willing to help to repair it, in exchange for a participation to the Mapeco event (Noisivision won't be possible, to short a time)

The planning for that event;

Friday 14 december , arena setup and after that, a gentle get together at the House of Chaos (the humble adobe of babs and me), with Babs making a new Bacon Explosion

Saturday, 9 am. Meeting at Mapeco, 10am, Let the Wars Begin . 4 pm. finishing and removal of arena.
    After that, dinner at a nearby chinese restaurant- wok buffet- .

If read it correct.
    The following points are made.

1) Arena transport is a problem.
    2) New roboteers are scarse.
    3) How to pay for the arena.
    3bis) How to attract a paying audience?

1) something that will stay a problem. The DRG is working on a permanent solution for the feather arena, but it won't be cheap to start with.

2) Even a problem in the UK and The Netherlands

3) Get venues that pay you for coming. that solves the 3bis as well. Not the roboteers problem then.

Small difference in pricetag and useability tough.

The small crane I posted costs €149, and can be bolted in the trailer to facilitate loading of heavy stuff.

Recently I got a tad more active on Robot Wars Wiki
    One of the admins asked me this.

Zitat

Hello Maddox, good to see you around here, always nice to have some roboteers about. I'd like to ask you if you know where we might come about German Robot Wars recordings, because I think we'd all like to see a little more of Black Hole and Tsunami. I'm not convinced that we'll ever get to see those episodes, but I'd love to know if you have any insights.

I tried to search for a more suitable thread, I failed.

[SIZE=3]MMM14 [/SIZE]
    The kick-off for this event started friday 28 september around 4 pm.
    Ellis (Relentless from the FRA forum) arrived with his parents, Peter and Tara, after a long travel in their motorhome, starting in Southern Spain. The purpose. Solving a nasty weapon-axle/sprocket problem.
    It took more time and creativity than expected. But it was a fun thing to do. During these McGyvermonents, Raverdave arrived with his machines.

Babs had made a Bacon Explosion accompanied with warm cherries in thick syrup. A surpsingly tasty, but heavy dinner.

Leo arrived around 8pm, and this marked a movement of materials from the van to the house of Chaos and visa versa.

On with Tormenta II. A spare axle made from a screwdriver did prove hopeless. The steel got brittle as glass during the welding. So, no spare axle.
    The McGyvered axle/1/4bsp nut did keep in 1 piece during the carefull tests.

Some small welding on Satanix 1.666, and we were ready for MMM14

7 am. Wake up call for all the people in the House of Chaos, and we were driving at 8am. Arriving at the venue around 11am.

Welcomed by a big table full with coffee and cake, as usual. And as usual those were delicious.
    The arena was ready, just the last light fixtures going up.

12.07 the first ants got busy, and several good and hilarious fights later it was time for the Raptors.
    Several hard figths , as Enigma with the small but nasty disk dished out a load of wacks. But Baltazar, another vertical -larger-disk wasn't nice either. Lucky for the opponents, the wheelbase is narrow, and the gyrodance capacity is huge. Dark Wizard, another small verical disk user wasn't as effective, but kept on going thanks to the sturdy carbon/kevlar armor.
    Ltn Lee, as rambot, gave as good as it got, but did prove 10mm polycarbonate ain't up the task, not even in the 6 kg raptors. A few heavy hits on the steel frame made impressive gashes.*

Featherweights.
    For us, Hannibalito 4 was going strange again. One flip hugely powerfull, sometimes even 2 or 3 good ones ,and then a lot of feeble weak lifts. Sometimes going into the fight, and not even 1 useable flip whatsoever. ?????
    Hannibalito 3 on the other hand went out, and kicked butt. In the arena, fight a good fight. Take out of the arena, remove bottle, fill bottle, mount bottle and in the mean time recharge the batteries. 20 minutes later is's back for more. But this time we had "real" damage. Daredevil, a new German drum spinner got in a good lick, and one of the cosmetic ears got ripped off.

Result, Adrenaline stays German champ, Tormenta II came in second. Even with all the drivetroubles and weapon axle/sprocket that gave out after a few fights.

[SIZE=3]Maidstone , here we come. [/SIZE]

This time the event started a day early, saturday 6 october. Around 10 am , Kos arrived. Tough As Nails would make the trip with Leo's van, Kos and Jeroen were traveling with Gravity 5.2, taking the chunnel around 5 pm.
    A tad early, Kos and me went to Mapeco, the future venue for the 15 december event. (if there are forum-members interested, leave the wallets at home, or set a budget, as the brands sold at that place include Makita, DeWalt and Festool.)

Marien and Leo joined us, and we started the first round of "Van loading for advanced roboteers". After this, Bullfrog got the last bits of electronics , a touch up on the 2 CO2 bottles, and a short test. And to the van with the Green Mean Machine.

Having time to spare, we started reparing and upgrading Ltn Lee, Mariens Raptor. It got quite a beating at MMM14, cracking the 10mm polycarbonate baseplate and a series of dents and rips in the steel 20*20*2 box section. The box section got some welding and grinding , the cracked PC plate replaced by HDPE, and for giggles, added some hardox here and there.

Still time to spare, rummaging trough the stockpile here, the idea's started to percolate. It ended up with a drive to a nearby DIY, buying a very very very cheap anglegrinder (and a spare).

A txt message from Jeroen set us to the heavier work, and some cutting later, more stuff was loaded in the van. It seems Bullfrog is contagious.

Saturday, keeping in mind that we would start traveling around 3 am, was closed of with a spicy stew and some gentle talk.

A very early morning drive, and around 9 am local time we were setting up shop at the Maidstone leisure center.

Team RCC had 3 fights. 3 with Bullfrog, and 1 with Hannibalito 3.

The first fight with Bullfrog did show a disadvantage of a very low robot. It can slide between the steel cables of the RR arena flipper-annoying infrastructure.
    After this fight, refill the bottles, remove the LifePo4 batteries and charge those,mount everything, ready.

The second fight did show some other weak points, but it was a good fight, as can be seenhere.
    As can be seen, liquid CO2 was being vented, but it wasn't a big concern at that moment. Not a big disaster in itself....
    Refill bottles, charge batteries

3th fight. Razerdave at the wheel. Unfortunatly, the flipperarm started rising slowely when I opened the first bottle gently. Closing that bottle, and into the fight.
    Was a good fight, pity about the weapon as some great flips were in the offering.

Hannibalito 3. Just entered it for 1 melee. Last week it came out of the arena at MMM14, gassed up and recharged batteries at that even. At home we did grind off some sharp edges, and at Maidstone we trew it in the arena, and it went for it. No complaints, no nags, no sags. Just plain flipping anything on the flipperarm

Zitat

Original von Krümmel
    AUAAAAA!!!
    I want to have the same milling and drilling park!

Just travel over, and we're going to have fun building stuff. Never said that the House of Chaos ain't welcoming.

Zitat

Original von IBF

@Team RCC: mir fehlt noch euer neuer Raptor in der Anmeldeliste. ;););)
    Wenn Ltd. Lee und Carlijn mit ihren Raptoren dabei sind, könnten wir es eigentlich schaffen, drei Kämpfe mit je drei Raptoren zu haben. (?)

I won't promise something that isn't sure yet.

But if all goes well, we'll have Eclipse and Nebelwerfer with us. And Kashei.

But that means I'll have to build 2 raptors*, rebuild a UK feather spinner and some extra's in 2 months.
    So , that is why Team RCC didn't enter a raptor yet.

* This is the other one.

Hannibalito 4 got a small upgrade in the weapon system. I hope that will counter the "limp flipper syndrome". If not, more rigorous changes will be implemented. We have 250 grams to do so.

Hannibalito 3, after being charged and a refill of the CO2 bottle after the last fight in Bochum, and some sharp edge removal, was trown in the Roaming Robots arena@ Maidstone, and did the usual job, kicking others ass. Battery charged, full bottle and battlescarred it's awaiting the next event.

Bullfrog got some small upgrades and a new left inner tube after Maidstone.

Team RCC is also re-entering the Raptor class with the Inventor build robot, Eclipse .

Cool, a playmate for Bullfrog.

Dirk, you're really becoming the nemesis of Team RCC.

We should contemplate superhero and supervillain sartorial indulgence.
    The question is, who's the villain?

The weight with full bottles. 95 kg. Royaly mesured.

The first life tests yesterday evening.

The drivetrain was proven before, but did prove it again.
    The Iskra AMG 1.2Kw 24V motors are rugged. The 20-1 gearratio to 250mm airtyres gives a very fast acceleration and the 33V from the 8400mAh 10S LiFePo4 pack makes that it goes fast enough to satisfy our needs. Also, the Sidewinder we use survives stall nicely. Because that was the only glitch in the drive. A M6 bolt got in between the first stage and was nicely reshaped.
    Bullfrog makes nice wheelies.

On the other hand, we our RC switch controlling the weapon uses 2 small relais (standard types like on the Graupner/Futaba switch), and those can't handle the power the Burkert coils ask. A 24V DC coil asks only .5A or so.
    But we had 24V AC coils on them, and that's another matter. We should stick those to the CO2 bottles . "No, there ain't no bottlewarmers in this machine".

In short, we fried 1 of the relais on the switch, and we don't have any spare coils atm (the van got involuntarely empties last week)

Next week will be dedicated to painting the hardox ,aquiring DC coils and reinforcing the armor over the electronics.

I'm aware of the ear-sensitivity (for me even worse due hyper-accousy). This was a wake-up call.

On amount of flips. The ram uses 60 liters each action and there are 2 2kg bottles on board.
    Each kilo is 512L of gas.

Yesterday, it was time for the first pressure tests with CO2. I should have recorded it. Opening the CO2 bottle, it takes a while to hear the filling noise stop. Good and bad in 1 go. The good news, pressure build up is smooth. Disadvantage, refill time is longer than expected. But that was with only 1 bottle filling.

2 leaks were audible, and soapy water as a guide did show me 2 teflon taped connections leak. But slowely.

Time for a test of the 1" bsp monster valve. 24V DC is provided to the control burkert 5404.

[SIZE=2]BANG[/SIZE]
    Black and red spots in front of me. Ears ringing. Chest feeling like it's hit by a sledgehammer.

The valve worked beyond expectation... Luckely that monster ram wasn't attached.... next valve tests will be LP or with RC.