The 190/200 is an about indestructable ESC, Team RCC is using them since Valkiri 2
And even with a small supply in our spare part/project box, never had one fail.
On motors. Why the limit on 40mm length? In Nebelwerfer we have a 3650 inrunner. 90° gearbox tough.
DX11 and DX12 use the NTM5060 370KV or SK3 5055 500KV
Oh well. Getting Nebelwerfer ready for FACTS.
Armor will go from 5mm on the thinnest spots to 6mm. Just to be sure. To compensate this, the 30mm part is reduced to 20mm
Most aluminium is removed, and replaced with more titanium.
Batteryspace is increased with 30%
The spaghetti wiring is being rerouted and upgraded to "Wet Noodle".
Oh, that kind of job is not unknown to me. Worked a few months on Case and Poclain excavators and simular machines. Got a story from one of the "old hands". They tried nylon and simular bushings to lower mainetance and cost. (Bonze is expensive compared to most plastics)
The hardened shafts wore out superfast. Every bit of sand and such that got in between shaft and bushing got embedded in the plastics and formed a kind of grinder.
Warning Bredero, the way those are build is less "weight" consious.
I did build vacuüm chambers (and other parts/tools) to help with casting silver, bronze/brass/copper and even gold.
What reminds me. Need to find a steel tube 300mm inner diameter 250mm length, 5mm wall.
304 is rather soft.... And can't be heat treated to give it a harder surface. (unless you get very fancy with plasmacoating, cementing, cladding or simular technologies)
Is more expensive than carbon steel or even Hardox.
One redeeming feature. It's heavier than carbon steel.
I hope you'll return, ready to kick robot ass and have a good time with the rest of the roboteers.
You joined a exclusive club as a roboteer...
Simplicity and cost. Wear isn't an issue, and friction loses in modern bronze "oil" bushings are not crippling.
As I said in the past, if bronze bushings were good enough for 40 000 ton+ Battleships, it should be good enough for us. (I have to admit, bronze was used for the 100rpm drive shaft bearing, the 1000ton+ turrets rotated on roller bearings, for 1rpm...)
If you make the equation between ease of use*, weight, reliability and cost, bronze bushings beat the snot out of any ball, needle or roller bearing.
On the other side, we added trust needle bearings in Nebelwerfer as an upgrade, and we like the effect. But we keep bronze rings as replacements at hand.
* Turning a bronze bushing to size in a hardox disk is simple.
Adapting a ball/needle/roller bearing to fit the laser/watercut hardox hole, or finishing the hardox part , that's another story.
In good Dutch/Belgian tradition, the team is a combination of other teams. Team RCC was the Original team of Leo. Niels was captain of Team Flextreme .
Babeth and me. Team Mad Science and team Warlocks.
Now we're gearing up for FACTS in Ghent, Belgium. With some luck , we'll have a feather ready for that event.
What kind of steel is it? 304? 316?
Perun had 1 failure. The 2 motors uncrewed themselfs from the frontplates. Still, 3th place with a non pushing brick.
Just getting more motorsupport, and Perun is ready for FACTs.
Nebelwerfer. Look at the opponents, and that with only worn out belts as damage.
We didn't even lose any wheels this event...
Welcome in the dark, dangerous and happy go Lucky world of Roboteering.
After 19 years, still going strong for me.
As traditional, House Of Chaos is open for guests.
After Dortmund Life had other plans for Team RCC.
But with Hannover comming up, we got together and started on Nebelwerfer earlier this evening.
Armor looks chewed, but isn't weakened. So, we're still running the original parts. We'll replace the stickers tough. And maybe add some extra .
The disk. Bushings are cracked and running on Ti is wearing them out faster than expected. So, we installed the spare disk, and the old one is getting new bushings later this weekend, becoming the spare. Try that with bearings, 4 events , and still working.
Frame. 6mm Ti. Nothing to see, repair or replace.
Electronics. Replaced some gaffatape labels and connector taping. Tested the whole, and we declare Nebelwerfer 4 ready.
Perun. The wonky scoop-slider plate is replaced with a nicely curved one. Now to drive a few kilometers over road to grind it down.
All the rest, just like Nebelwerfer, looks chewed, but nothing wrong in itself. Some new stickers ,and ready to rumble.
The ram you see in that video is the Original ram. Nothing wrong in itself, but the team wanted a spare.
And that , I couldn't make due health issues.
I feel a tad guilty over Petunia. The original ram was welded in my workshop. The new version not. Damn health issues
Full pressure single acting ram 80mm bore 150mm stroke with 3 1/2 BSP in/outlets. (valves can be arranged)
HDPE is my choice of material over Polycarb.
HDPE doesn't break (unless you have knifesharp corners) is lighter, cheaper and easier to warm-work without making it brittle.
Unless stiffness is required, even but then I would look at aluminium or even titanium.
The disadvantage is the inablity to glue it in any useable form.
Since a few years Team RCC uses a cross between a torsion bar and leaf spring suspension. We call this the T-frame setup. Hannibalito 3 mk IV used it extensively, and I doubt anyone will call H3 unsuccesfull.
Allied teams took the system over, and the results don't lie.
Due the light weight of this construction methode, it is easely adaptable to 4 or even 6WD setups.