Beiträge von cosmin

Banana Ketchup (the Filipino feather from FMB) runs these gearboxes and he seems pretty happy with them. I think they're similar to the Gimson Robotics ones, but cheaper and with more ratios available.

Google translate:

Banana Ketchup (die philippinische feather von FMB) lief diese Getriebe und er scheint ziemlich glücklich mit ihnen. Ich denke, sie sind den Gimson Robotics ähnlich, aber billiger und mit mehr verfügbaren Verhältnissen.

@jojo The female bullet connectors are pretty deep in the housing, so the link can still be plugged into the housing, but electrically disconnected. This is how the link looks like when fully plugged in:

And this is how it looks like when unplugged, but still in the bot:

And this is how it looked like in the video after the last hit:

Unfortunately, I only realised this was the failure mode after the third place playoff, when I did see it popping out. I should have taped it just in case. Oh well, next time :)

Hallo. Ich spreche kein Deutsch und das wurde von Google Translate übersetzt. Falls es Übersetzungsfehler gibt, ist die englische Version unten.

Ralf redet von mir. Ich habe 2WD mit diesen auf einem federleichten Chassis getestet und ich habe aufgegeben, nachdem der Stator in der Halterung hochgesponnen und einen der Drähte abgebrochen hat. Die meisten Motoren haben den Stator und die Halterung mit einem Stift versehen, aber wie Ralf erwähnt hat, wurden diese nur geklebt. Sie wurden wegen ihres hohen inneren Widerstandes auch ziemlich heiß.

Die wichtigsten Simonk-Einstellungen, die für den Laufwerkstart optimiert werden müssen, sind PWR_COOL_START, PWR_MIN_START, PWR_MAX_START, PWR_MAX_RPM1 und ENOUGH_GOODIES. Wenn Sie die Leistung erheblich erhöhen, müssen Sie bei den meisten Motoren möglicherweise zusätzliche ESL-Kondensatoren mit niedriger Kapazität an den ESC anlöten. Bei diesen Radnabenmotoren wäre das wahrscheinlich in Ordnung, da der Spitzenstrom durch ihren hohen Innenwiderstand begrenzt ist.

English:

Ralf is talking about me. I've tested 2WD with these on a featherweight chassis and I gave up after the stator spun up in the mount and broke off one of the wires. Most motors have the stator and mount keyed with a pin, but as Ralf mentioned, these were just glued. They also got pretty hot because of their high internal resistance.

The main Simonk settings to tweak for drive startup are PWR_COOL_START, PWR_MIN_START, PWR_MAX_START, PWR_MAX_RPM1, and ENOUGH_GOODIES. If you increase the power significantly, you might have to solder additional low ESL capacitors to the ESC for most motors. With these hub motors it would probably be fine because the peak current is limited by their high internal resistance.