Team close Karlsruhe

• Hello!

I'm Víctor Kennedy and I'm from a Brazilian robotics team called Trincabotz CEFET-MG. This semester I'll do an internship in Karlsruhe University of Applied Sciences.

Like all lover of build combat robotics I want to keep building, but I don't know if the university has a team or if I will have enough space to machine there.

I would know if has a team close Karlsruhe where I could enter in the team and help or something like this :D

Thanks a lot for the attention!!!

I'm sorry for don't write in German, but I hope that in a few months I'll write everything here in German :thumbup:

• Offizieller Beitrag

First: welcome to our forum, glad you've found your way here!

Oh, and for me and many others here, well written english is easier to read than what google translator calls "german", so no problem there, i think.
    Do you want us to reply in english for better understanding, or in german to help you learn it faster?
    Just be aware german doesn't seem to be one of the easiest languages, and what's written on the internet often is far from textbook-correct.

Anyway, as soon as i know, no university here as an own team, since we're far less popular than in brazil. the USA or UK, anyway. I'm based on the other end of Germany on the north, so not really close by.
    But i'm sure others who are closer will respond.
    Oh, and just so you know as soon as possible: we have our next event in Dortmund in early April.
    What weight classes did you build, and did you by any chance bring a bot with you? Always nice to see some new bots around...

"Spiel mit dem Feuer. Tu es.
    Denn man kann einem Kind hundertmal sagen, die Herdplatte sei heiß. Die Bedeutung wird ihm erst in dem Moment, in dem es trotzdem drauffässt klar.
    So lernt doch jeder für sich selbst, in dem großen Spiel das Leben heißt. Und das Feuer ist einer der anspruchsvollsten, dennoch lohnendsten Mitspieler."

Ps: Nicht käuflich, aber buchbar

• Welcome in Europe. I am from switzerland, you would need arround 3h by car to come by.
    Perhaps you can enter a tournament like the FMB euros, they will be in Ghent Belgium 19-20 october.
    Maybe you can manaage it to get at one of the german events, one is in april?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Tag zusammen. Zur Info:
    Ich bin schon seit längerem über Facebook mit Victor in Kontakt und habe ihn ein wenig informiert. (Zum Beispiel über unser nächstes Event)

Nice to see that you have found your way to our forum Victor!

• Hi, happy welcome
    I am sorry for my English, that wasnt my favorite school lesson :)
    I think I am the nearest roboteer, because I live half an hour with an car, or the city train (called Bähnle) nearby Karlsruhe.
    we are an little family team, but an beginner team, with only one bot, which has to be overacted a little bit.
    adios

At the moment we are building 4 ants, to have fun. the arena therfore is ready for rumble.
    Antweight Soccer Arena

Probably we wont go to the next Intermodellbau in Dortmund

• First: welcome to our forum, glad you've found your way here!

Oh, and for me and many others here, well written english is easier to read than what google translator calls "german", so no problem there, i think.
    Do you want us to reply in english for better understanding, or in german to help you learn it faster?
    Just be aware german doesn't seem to be one of the easiest languages, and what's written on the internet often is far from textbook-correct.

Anyway, as soon as i know, no university here as an own team, since we're far less popular than in brazil. the USA or UK, anyway. I'm based on the other end of Germany on the north, so not really close by.
    But i'm sure others who are closer will respond.
    Oh, and just so you know as soon as possible: we have our next event in Dortmund in early April.
    What weight classes did you build, and did you by any chance bring a bot with you? Always nice to see some new bots around...

Hi Runsler! Thanks!
    If you prefer to reply in german, I will love, to try to learn fast, but sometimes I'll have some doubts in the words haha
    Well I had built since a fairyweight (150g) to a lightweight(27,2kg) and sumo, I'll try to compete with a featherweight, I'm seeing my resources and where and how I'll build it in Germany.
    But I'll try to go to the competition if I don't have enough time to build a bot I'll want to see the fights haha.

Welcome in Europe. I am from switzerland, you would need arround 3h by car to come by.
    Perhaps you can enter a tournament like the FMB euros, they will be in Ghent Belgium 19-20 october.
    Maybe you can manaage it to get at one of the german events, one is in april?

Thanks! Yes, very close! If I stay until october I'll try to compete all over europe, but for now I will stay just until 1st september.
    I hope to compete in April or in any other competition around europe in first semester!

Tag zusammen. Zur Info:
    Ich bin schon seit längerem über Facebook mit Victor in Kontakt und habe ihn ein wenig informiert. (Zum Beispiel über unser nächstes Event)

Nice to see that you have found your way to our forum Victor!

Thanks Cambalhota!!! I'm already learning how to use the forum haha :D

Hi, happy welcome
    I am sorry for my English, that wasnt my favorite school lesson :)
    I think I am the nearest roboteer, because I live half an hour with an car, or the city train (called Bähnle) nearby Karlsruhe.
    we are an little family team, but an beginner team, with only one bot, which has to be overacted a little bit.
    adios

At the moment we are building 4 ants, to have fun. the arena therfore is ready for rumble.
    Antweight Soccer Arena

Probably we wont go to the next Intermodellbau in Dortmund

Hi!
    Really very close! Do you have an arena in your home? :O
    Why aren't you going to Intermodellbau ? '-'
    Do you build the electronic parts by your own ?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Okay, i'll stick with english at least in your threads as long as you write english to avoid misunderstandings where possible. Plus i can use some more practise...

Feather sounds nice, we'll have mostly those and Raptors in Dortmund. Raptor is 6kg and a bit more limited (mainly in only 12V or less allowed as well as no outrunners and motor size only up to 550), and our arena has an energy limit of 1kj, so the spinners aren't toooo nasty.

Guess you'll be able to build a "something" to enter, even if it's just a simple brick of HDPE with a wedge on it or something like that.
    Did you already find our download area with rules and such?

"Spiel mit dem Feuer. Tu es.
    Denn man kann einem Kind hundertmal sagen, die Herdplatte sei heiß. Die Bedeutung wird ihm erst in dem Moment, in dem es trotzdem drauffässt klar.
    So lernt doch jeder für sich selbst, in dem großen Spiel das Leben heißt. Und das Feuer ist einer der anspruchsvollsten, dennoch lohnendsten Mitspieler."

Ps: Nicht käuflich, aber buchbar

• Really very close! Do you have an arena in your home? :O

hihi, yes, the arena is standing in the garage, and waiting for the first fight of our bots.
    the arena is ready, the bots are still in work.

Why aren't you going to Intermodellbau ? '-'

the bots are an family project, and the kids are too small to stay the complete weekend, and on monday they have school.

Do you build the electronic parts by your own ?

nono, i am an sheet metal mechanic man ^^
    i buy as much electronic as i can by http://www.ib-fink.de/
    so i only have to put the cables to right slots.
    thats difficult enough for me ^^