RAF Cosford Air Show 12 Juni 2005 von Black Top Productions

• Hallo Leute,

Ich habe heute ein Email empfangen und ich gebe es hier:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I have been asked to approach you by Black Top Productions. They are a little shy of doing it themselves as they have not always delt with things in a manner they are proud of, and do not wish to offend the European roboteers.

They would like to invite all European roboteers to their RAF Cosford event. They are so keen to have them there that they are willing to make the following special arrangements for European roboteers.

1:- Camping. BTP will provide provision for camping on or near the base.

2:- entry fee. BTP will cancel the entry fee for all European robots, including heavyweights and featherweights.

3:- competition. BTP will run a full combat competition, a whiteboard competition or a demonstartion "washing-machine smash" at the preference of the roboteers. Basically they are willing to run whatever you want.

I would highly recommend this event, as it is one of the UK's largest airshows for starters, and so a fantastic day out, but also because BTP are so keen to have roboteers there following the bad relationship that formed with the FRA that they are bending over backward to provide whatever you would like, including testing for the European championships. They believe their arena to be the best in the UK (I would not argue) so all types of robots including spinner are welcome without restriction.

They have opened this up to UK robots, but the entry fee has put many people off, and so they have mostly signed up for Preston instead.

Please can you put this invitation out to the DRG and GRA, but please ensure they understand this is an invitation from BTP, not me personally, although I will be there and endorse the event myself, this is not an FRA event.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Der Verfasser dieses Email ist James Baker (er war da am Raptor Event) und ich bin einverstanden mit was er sagt. Unser Sport ist wichtiger als persönliche Gefühle und Roboteers sind eine Gemeinschaft, egal was geschieht.

Weitere Informazion über das Event findest du hier: Webseite BTP .

Ich wollte Sie auch zu kennen geben dass ich dieses nicht schreibe als Vertreter des FRA, aber als ein Roboteer die die beste Interessen unseres Sport in Gemüt hat.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Prinzipiell hätte ich nichts gegen das Event, aber leider ist unsere Kiste noch lange nicht einsatztauglich (ist halt derzeit ein Karton mit Schrauben und Bleche.....) Wir werden das bis zu deren Event leider nicht schaffen. Ein paar Testkämpfe vor der EM wären nicht schlecht gewesen......

Gruß Dirk

....ein Event muss her

• Der "Anreiz" zur Teilnahme steht im Vergleich zu den anfallenden Kosten in keinem Verhältnis.
    Zum Vergleich: In Falkestone wurde letztes Jahr Hotel + Verpflegung übernommen.

Hier gibts eine freie Matschkuhle zum Campen und "freien Eintritt" in eine Veranstaltung an der man selber mitwirkt? Dieses sollte doch wohl selbstverständlich sein.

Stand up and fight!