spinner regeln (2)

• I just looked through the rules again, and they were changed.
    wasn´t it 2000 rpm before? now its only 500???

although mine will only have about 200 rpms, and i will make my weight (somehow). It made me a little worried about the size of my spinner.

so the question without putting out any details:

1. 200 rpms
    2. 20 kg
    3. any size spinner i want? :ja: ???

try, try, and try again

• It is 500 rpm now.

But you have it right: your spinner must be conform to 2 of the 3 mentioned characteristics and if you exceed all 3 limits you must submit your robot - before the event begins - to the event organiser, who can decide whether your robot can participate or not.

So, if your spinner goes 200 rpm and its set-up does not weigh more than 20 kg you are eligble for participation. Of course you must keep the size of your spinner within reasonable boundaries.

• Zitat

:uzi: Of course you must keep the size of your spinner within reasonable boundaries

what is that suppose to mean? who desides what "reasonable" is? and what is "reasonable"?

a. 80cm
    b. 100cm
    c. 120cm
    d. 140cm
    e. 160cm
    f. 180cm
    g. 200cm
    h. 220cm
    i. 240cm
    j. 260cm
    k. 280cm
    l. 300cm

I thought if i made 2 of 3 it is good. according to the rules i should be able to make ALL  of these. :ja: :nein:

I have already limited it to 200rpm and 20kg, now there has to be a "reasonable" size?, but yet someone that breaks all 3 rules can still have a chance to fight?

try, try, and try again

• With "reasonable size" I mean that you shouldn't use a disc that is bigger than the space you need in order to get to your removable link safely. All of the examples you gave could be reasonable but that depends on the size of your robot in general and the position of your removable link. But... the larger the disc the more it weighs, how will you achieve to stay within your 20 kilos ?
    I advise to send pictures to the technical representatives of the FRA or to Mario (who is a tech-check anyway, he is Maddox, my lifemate), and wasn't Erich or Jochen from Tsunami on the tech-check course in Liverpool as well ?

Zitat

... someone that breaks all 3 rules can still have a chance to fight?

That depends on the event organiser and their safety team, the rules give them some autonomy in this but that sword is two-edged... if they judge your "perfectly in order with the rules" machine unfit for battle that is their right as well. And they have to keep in mind that roboteers who feel it is unsafe to do battle will refuse to fight and could avoid their events in the future. We are all very keen on safety and fairplay.

So, I would advise caution. Breaking the rules and managing to participate anyway will not make you many friends amongst the roboteers themselves.
    Managing to build a good fighter within the rules will bring you respect and recognition.
    Your choice.

• =) I feel much better now =)

my removable link is about 50cm away from the spinner on the back side of the robot.

As far as the safety, I am building a few extra safety features on the weapon that are not required, but i feel my weapon would be safer with them.

And the weight shouldn´t be a problem.

The size from the robot: 200cm long, 120cm wide, 80cm high or XXXL =)

try, try, and try again

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat

The size from the robot: 200cm long, 120cm wide, 80cm high or XXXL

Autsch! Damit darfst Du in Hattingen auch in der Kart-Bahn mitmachen. =)
    Anreise mit separatem Lastwagen..... :engel:

Interesse an Elektronik für Schaukampfroboter und Kettenfahrzeuge (Fahrtregler, ESC) ? => http://www.Robots.IB-Fink.de

Leitspruch: "Wer will, findet Wege. Wer nicht will, findet Gründe."