International robot builders welcome

• Hi Juha!
    I know your Robot XIII, its very hard to beat and so I have lost the fight against him at the Assemby Event in summer.
    What weapon you fit on the new (3rd) Robot?

• those are actually 1.5Ah nicads, 18volts of them, drive motors are normal 550rpm drills and weapon motor is 2-speed 400/1500rpm. Speed controllers are electronize 15A and frame is made mainly of 8mm thick 6063 T-6 aluminium.. btw, everything in the pic weights just 4.4kg

• Hi.

I have also built new 6 kilobot for Assembly ´05 event.

Robot´s chassis is 8mm polycarbonate and armour is 3mm polycarbonate. Also some stainless steel, aluminium and carbon fiber is used.

Drive motors are 550rpm 12V drillmotors and weapon (type of weapon is "secret" at the moment :| ) uses also same kind of a motor, but it is overvolted to 24V. Robot has two 1,3Ah 12V nicad batteries.

Few (old) pictures can be found in this building diary:
    http://www.robosota.fi/foorumi/viewtopic.php?t=418

At the moment robot is almost ready - only speed controllers need to be wired. I will post some new pictures soon and probably tell more about the weapon.

I am also building 450g-robot, Voxis. Weapon is saw blade (diameter 125mm) which weights about 130grams and is powered by Speed 280 Sport. Weapon spins about 4500 rpm. Driving system has two speedmodified Futaba s3003 -servos and small Lego-wheels. Armour is 8mm polycarbonate and 2mm carbon fiber.

Pics can be found in Voxis´ building diary (sorry, it´s finnish): http://www.robosota.fi/foorumi/viewtopic.php?p=6600

• Hi Zest!
    Nice machines! ;) - good work ;)
    How big is the Arena for the 450g robots? Is it the same size like the Antarena, or is it bigger?

• Zitat

Original von Gizmo
    450g bots... Hmm, reminds me of some 500g ideas...

me, too.... like BlueDEvil and the others

"sind das diese "roboterkriege", wo sich dann diese panzerwagen auf die mütze geben?"
    "Stahl ist eigentlich Murksresistenter"

• Zitat

Original von Gizmo
    Hey,
    indeed nice ones... Where do u get ur 8mm makrolon (polycarbonate) from? In small pieces from ebay or some special supplier? :)

In Finland we have "Teollisuus Etola" which sells polycarbonate. You just go there and say what you need and they cut it for you. Prizes are moderate and there is also surplus plastics 5-10 euros per kilo. =)

Edit: Btw, polycarbonate (two small sheets - 3mm and 8mm) what I needed for my both robots and a bit more costed about 40 euros.

Edit2: Here is some videos and pictures from Model-Expo ´05 -event if you haven´t yet seen them :) :
    ftp://ftp.edome.net/media/robosota/Model%20Expo%2005/

• Hi

We had quite a good event few weeks ago in Assembly ´05. You can find pictures and movies from event here -=> ftp://ftp.edome.net/media/robosota/Assembly%2005/

There was lexanwall in one side of arena, but after one match spinners were disqualify, because it would be too dangerous for spectators. Many robots also got stuck on the arena (almost all the robots had somekind of a wedge :D ).

My robot stuck on the arena in semifinals and because of that my robot finish 3rd in 6kg class. I had also dozens of other problems: I managed to wreck my robots steel wedge in about 3 seconds at first match myself (wedge was only 0,8mm thick - thats not enough :P ).
    Before event my robot´s weapon burned two batterypacks and some wires while testing it, so I decided to remove weapon (electro flipper btw, powered by two 12V 550rpm drills running @ 24V ) and build a simple lifter. Then in the first match lifter motor´s gearbox fall apart and I had about 5 minutes time to change batteries and make repairs... Well, maybe next event goes better.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi Zest,
    thank you for the videos. Nice bots and fights!
    Petteri (?) has a flip-up-system, I think air-pressured. Do you allow to refill in the arena during to fights? That will be a new idea or aspects for our rules and equipment...

• i got the motor from.. er, relationships you know :) its 21000+ rpm on 12v and worth of 80euro (but i get those for free) and the blade is lasercut by christian fredriksson (sweden) as he got some kind of surplus sheet of 8mm hardox 650. frame of the robot is 3.5mm and 8mm aluminium, pocketed where extra material isn't needed.

• I looked some pictures and videos from MMM3-event and noticed that you don´t have any spinnerbots.. Is there anyone even building one?

Btw, has that 6kg robot with flipper full or low pressure flipper? It´s quite a cool machine. :)